After a long, cold Winter it feels great to replace the gloom with beauty! Early spring flowers are a sure sign warmer weather is on its way. Here is a list of early Spring flowers to plant so you’ll have some beautiful Spring landscaping.
- Pansies – Pansies prefer cool weather. Pansies are annuals gardeners love because they are one of the very best flowers to plant in early Spring, early -season containers or window boxes.
- Snowdrop Anemones – The Snowdrop Anemone is very fragrant and it has a burst of beautiful color. As an added bonus, when cooler weather arrives in the Fall the Snowdrop Anemone often does a second round of blooming.
- Redbud Trees – Yes I know this is supposed to be a list about flowers to plant in the Spring, but beauty of a blooming redbud tree can rival the beauty of any flower.
- Lilac – Not only is the Lilac a beautiful flower that comes in lots of shapes and sizes, but it also gives off a wonderful fragrance.
- Iris – With its huge blooms and wide variety of colors, the Iris is a fan favorite to brighten any flower garden.